Brainerd Jaycees Street Fest on 7th - 8.3.2013
This year's Street Fest is more exciting than ever! It is our 12th year and we are celebrating in style. Here is what we have in store for you so far:
- Great Northern BBQ is back! We have received KCBS sanctioning and we are hosting a professional cook-off where teams will cook chicken, pork, brisket and ribs to be judged and over $9,000 in cash will be paid out.
- The Cub Foods Ribfest is on again! Up to 20 teams will prepare their ribs the night before Street Fest, then begin cooking them at 8AM on Saturday to get them just perfect. The judging will be done by you at 7:00 PM. For $15, you get an all-you-can-judge ticket and the opportunity to fill out a ballot. There are prizes for the top team, top non-profit team, and the best decorated booth!
- The Jaycees Battle of the Bands is back for it's third year! Come check out and cheer on our local musical talent in the family friendly rock and roll event as bands compete for the top prize of a top prize! If you know a band who wants a shot at the money, registration forms are available under the link to the left.
- Kids Activities - once again we are having plenty for kids entertainment, and in keeping with our history it is free! From face painting to carnival games, there is something for everyone.
- Live Music - After the Battle of the Bands, you will be entertained by a band followed by our headliner at 9:00 PM: another band!
- Bean Bag Tournament - there is a 32 team bean bag tournament at 4:00 PM. Entry is $20, and the top team will receive 50% of the total registrations collected ($320 prize for 32 teams). There are prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place teams as well.